Alcoholic beverages retail licenses are distinguished by where a patron may consume the beverages purchased, i.e., off the premises or on the premises.

Off-premises licenses include package stores, convenience stores and supermarkets.

There are 5 types of on-premises alcoholic beverages licenses: restaurants, clubs (or veterans club), hotels, taverns, and general on premises.

In addition, retail alcoholic beverages licenses fall into five categories: all alcoholic beverages licenses, wine and malt beverages licenses, wine beverages licenses, malt beverage licenses, and wine and malt with cordials and liqueurs beverages licenses.

Applications must be approved by a Local Licensing Authority (LLA) and the Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission (ABCC).

Apply for an Alcoholic Beverages Retail License (New or Transfer)

Amend Your Existing Alcoholic Beverages Retail License